October 20, 2015

The Adventure Begins...

Well, it's finally happening! After dreaming about it, talking about it, saving for it, and planning variations of it for years (10 years, in my case), Nick and I are going to take some time off to travel the world!
All of our stuff in storage!

The idea of a career break to travel had never even crossed my mind until I stumbled upon Erik Trinidad's blog, The Global Trip, back in 2004. Erik's detailed and entertaining dispatches filled me with both the desire and confidence to take the leap myself! It may have taken me a decade to make it happen...but...better late than never, eh?

So here is where we plan to be over the next 18 months,

Nov 2015Nepal (Mera Peak trek)
Dec-Jan 2016SE Asia
Feb-Mar 2016South Africa
Apr-Oct 2016Europe (camper van road trip!)
Nov-Mar 2017South America

If you think you'll be on the same continent as us at any point, please give us a shout! It would be wonderful to meet up with friends and family while we're on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment